SDI Instructor Course
So you’re ready to be an Instructor and get the chance to introduce new divers to the sport of Scuba diving. The SDI Instructor Course will teach current Divemaster or Assistant Instructors the knowledge to safely function as an SDI Instructor with the abilities to teach SDI Open Water Scuba Divers, Advanced Adventures Divers, Rescue Divers, Divemasters and Assistant Instructors. The program is divided into two sections, an Instructor Development Course (IDC) and an Instructor Evaluation Course (IEC). The first section teaches the candidates how to properly teach and design courses, the second section evaluates the candidates teaching of open water skills.
The IDC teaches you how to:
- Schedule course
- Successfully market scuba
- Properly teach and design academic and in water sessions
- Effectively utilize assistants.
The IEC evaluates everything you learned during the IDC. This is typically a two day evaluation process and evaluates your abilities in:
- Preparing and teaching academic sessions
- Knowledge of subject matter
- Pool/confined water lessons
- Open water lessons
- Emergency management abilities
What do I need to start?
- Be an SDI certified Divemaster, Assistant Instructor or equivalent.
- Have a minimum of 100 logged dives in a number of different environments with varying depths.
- Hold a current CPR & First Aid certification. (Can be included within program.)
- Minimum age 18 years.
Price and Schedule Package
3 Week End IDC/IE Package $1025. (does not include manuals)
Flex IDC/IE $1375. (does not include manuals)
SDI Materials required $499. ( this includes the Pro OW Instructor Kit, IT IT SDI/TDI Manual and the IT Evaluation Slates)
|Location ||Week 1||Week 2||Week 3||IEC|
|Jacksonville Fl||10-12 May 2013||17-19 May 2013|| 24 May 2013||25-26 May 2013|
|Atlanta Ga|| 4-6 May 2013|| 10-12 May 2013|
17 May 2013
| 18-19 May 2013|
|Atlanta Ga|| 19-21 July 2013|| 26-28 July 2013|| 2 August 2013|| 3-4 August 2013|
|Jacksonville Fl||9-11 Aug 2013||16-18 August 2013||23 August 2013||24-25 August 2013|
|Atlanta Ga||20-22 Sept 2013||27-29 Sept 2013||4 October 2013||5-6 October 2013|
|Jacksonville Fl||18-20 October 2013||25-27 October 2013||1 November 2013||2-3 November 2013|