The SDI Divemaster course is the first professional level certification. During this course your diving abilities will be challenged and your Scuba skills refined to demonstration quality as you become a role model for other divers. You will learn to work with new divers as they experience the underwater world for the first time as well as Advanced divers continuing their education and developing their skills.
Expect to increase your knowledge to that of a Scuba Professional in areas such as:
- Diving Physics
- Diving Physiology
- Scuba Equipment
- Personal Dive Technique
- Professional Training Skills
- Minimum Age 18
- A current Medical Examination (within the past 12 months)
- 40 Logged Dives to begin the course
- Approved Scuba equipment for confined and open water dives and all SDI Dive-Master instructional materials.
- Advanced Diver Certification from any recognized agency with dive experience in:
- Underwater Navigation
- Night and Limited Visibility
- Rescue Diver Certification with First Aid and CPR Certifications (current)
Successful completion of this program requires a significant personal commitment from each candidate as they make the developmental transition from Diver to Dive Professional. Sessions will include Independent study, Classroom presentations, Knowledge quest and Exam. You will also have Confined Water Techniques, Briefings and Open Water Training Demonstrations. The Dive-Master Candidate will benefit from the mentoring and insightful guidance, from our knowledgeable and experienced instructors involved in the presentation of this program.
At Divers Supply’s Professional Development Centers we are committed to offering the highest quality programs supported by the latest materials, up to date practical information and innovative teaching techniques. You will find this course a rewarding experience and we look forward to welcoming you into the ranks of our Divers Supply / SDI-TDI Professional membership.