The SDI Divemaster course is the first professional level certification. During this course your diving abilities will be challenged and your Scuba skills refined to demonstration quality as you become a role model for other divers. You will learn to work with new divers as they experience the underwater world for the first time as well as Advanced divers continuing their education and developing their skills.
Expect to increase your knowledge to that of a Scuba Professional in areas such as:
- Diving Physics
- Diving Physiology
- Scuba Equipment
- Personal Dive Technique
- Professional Training Skills
- Minimum Age 18
- A current Medical Examination (within the past 12 months)
- 40 Logged Dives to begin the course
- Approved Scuba equipment for confined and open water dives and all SDI Dive-Master instructional materials.
- Advanced Diver Certification from any recognized agency with dive experience in:
- Underwater Navigation
- Night and Limited Visibility
- Rescue Diver Certification with First Aid and CPR Certifications (current)
Successful completion of this program requires a significant personal commitment from each candidate as they make the developmental transition from Diver to Dive Professional. Sessions will include Independent study, Classroom presentations, Knowledge quest and Exam. You will also have Confined Water Techniques, Briefings and Open Water Training Demonstrations. The Dive-Master Candidate will benefit from the mentoring and insightful guidance, from our knowledgeable and experienced instructors involved in the presentation of this program.
At Divers Supply’s Professional Development Centers we are committed to offering the highest quality programs supported by the latest materials, up to date practical information and innovative teaching techniques. You will find this course a rewarding experience and we look forward to welcoming you into the ranks of our Divers Supply / SDI-TDI Professional membership.
SDI Instructor Course
So you’re ready to be an Instructor and get the chance to introduce new divers to the sport of Scuba diving. The SDI Instructor Course will teach current Divemaster or Assistant Instructors the knowledge to safely function as an SDI Instructor with the abilities to teach SDI Open Water Scuba Divers, Advanced Adventures Divers, Rescue Divers, Divemasters and Assistant Instructors. The program is divided into two sections, an Instructor Development Course (IDC) and an Instructor Evaluation Course (IEC). The first section teaches the candidates how to properly teach and design courses, the second section evaluates the candidates teaching of open water skills.
The IDC teaches how to:
- Schedule courses
- Successfully market scuba
- Conduct academic and in water sessions
- Effectively utilize assistants
The IEC evaluates your understanding of what you learned during the IDC.
This is typically a two day evaluation process and tests your abilities in:
- Preparing and teaching academic sessions
- Knowledge of subject matter
- Pool/confined water skills
- Open water skills
- Emergency management abilities
What do I need to start?
- Be a certified Divemaster, Assistant Instructor or equivalent from a recognized agency with 6 months diving experience.
- Have a minimum of 100 logged dives in a number of different environments with varying depths.
- Hold a current CPR & First Aid certification. (Can be included within program.)
- Minimum age 18 years.
Price and Schedule Package
- 6 day IDC and 2 Day IE Package $1699 (does not include manuals)
- 3 Week End Flex IDC/IE $1699 (does not include manuals)
- SDI Materials REQUIRED $354.95 (this includes the Pro OW Instructor Kit, IT Resource CD and the IT Evaluation Slates)
Choose your nearest location:
North Carolina Stores:
Get all the latest information on Events, Sales and Offers. Sign up for newsletter today