The new Galileo HUD is an innovative and thoroughly unique air integrated
dive computer. This new-to-the-dive-world, technologically-advanced computer offers a heads-up display mounted on a diving mask. Delivering excellent readability along with hands-free data monitoring, with the introduction of the Galileo HUD SCUBAPRO engineers have created a user experience unlike anything previously seen in diving.
FLOATING COLOR DISPLAY
The Galileo HUD’s micro OLED screen is designed to be mounted on a diving mask in close proximity to the human eye. Using precision near-eye optics, this “floating” display creates a screen image that appears at a virtual distance of approximately 3ft/1m, making it easy for divers to monitor their dive data without losing eye contact with their surroundings, or having to constantly refocus. Dive information is displayed on the micro OLED screen protected in the housing, offering durability and superior readability in any ambient light conditions.
SINGLE-KNOB USER CONTROL
The Galileo HUD features an intuitive push-wheel that allows you to access and control HUD functions with one hand. To operate the push-wheel, simply rotate it to navigate up and down within a menu or increase or decrease a user setting. A press-and-release of the push-wheel turns on the HUD, takes you to the main menu, lets you enter the various sub-menus, select functions and save settings. A press-and-hold allows you to return to the previous menu or screen, edits settings, and from the Surface screen turn the HUD off. Throughout the process screen prompts indicate which type of press is required to accomplish each function.
Before or after a dive, or any time you don’t need ready-access to your dive data, the Galileo HUD offers a convenient Flip-Up feature, reminiscence of military night vision goggles, that enables you to tilt the HUD display up and out of the way. When it’s time to resume data monitoring, simply tilt the display back down into position and you’re ready to track your dive.
BENEFITS OF DIVING WITH A HUD
The Galileo HUD’s superior readability, which allows divers to keep their eyes on both their dive data and the underwater scenery without having to refocus, is a tremendous leap forward in computer diving. This hands-free data monitoring experience is a boon to photographers, or anyone engaged in underwater activities that require both hands, including military and public safety divers. Also, since divers don’t have to raise their arms or reach for consoles to check
dive data, the HUD allows a more relaxed and streamlined profile moving through the water. And when it’s time to change screens or make adjustments, the single-knob control is easy to operate without having to search for multiple buttons.
• Lightweight (neutrally buoyant) and easily mountable to a diving mask.
• Hinge mechanism allows you to easily flip up the HUD when not in use.
• Intuitive menu structure and push-wheel interface make for effortless navigation through the system.
• Mask mount is compatible with a number of current SCUBAPRO masks.
• Full-color OLED 96x64p display lets you select Default, Tec or Retro color configurations.
• Choice of 2 algorithms: Predictive Multi-Gas Bühlmann ZH-L16 ADT MB PMG or ZH-L16 GF.
PMG algorithm offers Microbubble levels and Profile Dependent Intermediate Stops (PDIS).
• Selectable dive modes: SCUBA, Gauge, Apnea and CCR.
• Trimix and Nitrox compatible, with advanced CCR functionality.
• Up to 8 selectable gases in SCUBA mode, plus 8 selectable diluent gases and 2 set points for CCR diving.
• Compatible with the SCUBAPRO Smart transmitter for hoseless tank pressure monitoring.
• Provides true remaining bottom time (RBT) based on the workload from breathing.
• 3D full-tilt digital compass allows you to store 3 pre-programmed headings.
• Includes built-in GPS for surface navigation.
• Maximum operating depth: 394ft/120m.
• Rechargeable battery provides up to 27 hours of dive time per charge in
Power Save mode.
• 2GB memory stores 10,000 hours of diving.
• Download data via Bluetooth or USB cable. Compatible with Apple and
Android devices using LogTRAK.