The OTS Spectrum Mask Communications Package is the OTS Spectrum Full Face Mask with the OTS Buddy Phone D2. With the two combined you are free to communicate between you and another diver with an OTS communication device as well.
Ocean Technology Systems has created the best full face mask on the market with the OTS Spectrum Full Face Mask. It allows divers to use their own regulators and eliminating the heavy cost associated with standard full face masks without sacrificing luxury.
The OTS Spectrum Full Face Mask provides a simple method to adapt your own regulator to the mask by eliminating the bite down mouthpiece and trying your own reg in with the rest of the full face mask. THis allows for some of the best features of the Ocean Technology System's other full face masks: No Jaw Fatigue, no dry mouth, double seal for a better fit, five point head harness and clear communicatioins.
- Fits Most 2nd Stage Regulators
- Comfortable Double Seal
- Eliminates jaw fatigue & Dry Mouth
- Keeps face dry and warm
- Hypoallergenic slicone skirt
- Easy to equalize
- Wide field of vision
- Allows for underwater communications
- Compatible with many accessories
- Coated tempered safety Glass Visor
OTS Spectrum Full Face Mask Specifications:
- Tested to a maximum diving depth of 50m according to EN 250:2014**
- Designed for water temperatures below 10°C and is suitable for cold-water diving applications. Ultimately, cold water performance is dictated by 2nd stage regulator being used.
- Tested for diving applications with breathing air according to EN12021.
- Tested according to the European standard EN 250:2014**
OTS Spectrum Full Face Mask Materials:
- Spectrum Skirt - Silicone
- Upper/Lower Visor Clamps - Black PPS
- Visior - Tempered Glass/Iridium
- Strap, Mask - EPDM/Natural Rubber Blend
- Buckles/Buckle Locks - Glass Filled Zytel
- Inner Frame - Glass Filled Zyetl
OTS Buddy Phone® D2
The OTS Buddy Phone® D2 is a digital, micro-miniature, ultrasonic transceiver allowing communication between two or more scuba divers or surface stations. Using "Digital Signal Processing" (DSP) techniques, the OTS Buddy Phone produces uncompromising speech clarity.The OTS Buddy Phone® D2 differs from the standard Buddy Phone in that it is digitally controlled and has some fantastic new features such as: a voice menu to guide you adjust your Volume, change from Channel A to Channel B, or put the Buddy Phone in a continuous voice transmission mode.
Voice Menu: When you submerge with a D2 Buddy Phone, you will hear the voice system say "Buddy Phone ON, frequency A (B), channel one (four), volume High (Medium, Low)," depending on the prior dive's settings. Changing a setting is easy and can be done while underwater. Depress the Push-to-talk switch (PTT) three times quickly and hold the third depression until you hear "main menu - volume, channel, continuous transmit." When you hear the main menu selections, simply depress the PTT to select one of the choices. The unit will make the selection and go back to the receive mode. If you don't make a selection after the menu repeats twice, the D2 Buddy Phone goes out of the main selection menu and back to the receive mode (see operators manual for a more detailed explanation -- note: continuous transmit mode allows the user to talk, hands free. This was requested by many movie makers and scientists who talk on camera often).
OTS Buddy Phone® D2 Specifications:
- Nominal Range - 50 to 500 meters depending on sea conditions & noise levels.
- Transmission Type - Ultrasound using upper single sideband (USB)
- Transmit Output Power - 0.5 watts PEP
- Standard Frequency (PEP) - Recall & tone: Freq. A (Channel 1): 32.768 kHz USB
- Freq. B (Channel 4): 31.250 kHz
- Audio Bandwidth - 300 to 3,000 Hz
- Automatic Gain Control - Greater than 80 dB
- Earphone - Ceramic
- Microphone - ME-16R Hot-Mic (Dynamic) or Super Mic (Standard)(Ceramic)
- Transducer - Ceramic cylinder