Galileo HUD Hands-Free Computer, with Transmitter
The new Galileo HUD is an innovative and thoroughly unique air integrated dive computer. This new-to-the-dive-world, the technologically-advanced computer offers a heads-up display mounted on a diving mask. Delivering excellent readability along with hands-free data monitoring, with the introduction of the Galileo HUD SCUBAPRO engineers have created a user experience unlike anything previously seen in diving.
FLOATING COLOR DISPLAY
The Galileo HUD’s micro OLED screen is designed to be mounted on a diving mask in close proximity to the human eye. Using precision near-eye optics, this “floating” display creates a screen image that appears at a virtual distance of approximately 3ft/1m, making it easy for divers to monitor their dive data without losing eye contact with their surroundings, or having to constantly refocus. Dive information is displayed on the micro OLED screen protected in the housing, offering durability and superior readability in any ambient light conditions.
SINGLE-KNOB USER CONTROL
The Galileo HUD features an intuitive push-wheel that allows you to access and control HUD functions with one hand. To operate the push-wheel, simply rotate it to navigate up and down within a menu or increase or decrease a user setting. A press-and-release of the push-wheel turns on the HUD, takes you to the main menu, lets you enter the various sub-menus, select functions and save settings. A press-and-hold allows you to return to the previous menu or screen, edits settings, and from the Surface screen turn the HUD off. Throughout the process, screen prompts to indicate which type of press is required to accomplish each function.
Before or after a dive, or any time you don’t need ready access to your dive data, the Galileo HUD offers a convenient Flip-Up feature, reminiscence of military night-vision goggles, that enables you to tilt the HUD display up and out of the way. When it’s time to resume data monitoring, simply tilt the display back down into position and you’re ready to track your dive.
BENEFITS OF DIVING WITH A HUD
The Galileo HUD’s superior readability, which allows divers to keep their eyes on both their dive data and the underwater scenery without having to refocus, is a tremendous leap forward in computer diving. This hands-free data monitoring experience is great for photographers or anyone engaged in underwater activities that require both hands, including military and public safety divers. Also, since divers don’t have to raise their arms or reach for consoles to check
dive data, the HUD allows a more relaxed and streamlined profile moving through the water. And when it’s time to change screens or make adjustments, the single-knob control is easy to operate without having to search for multiple buttons.
- Mask-Mounted Dive Computer: Offers a superior user experience by delivering easily viewable, essential dive information constantly right in front you.
- Precision Near-Eye Optics: The micro OLED “floating” display creates an image that makes it easy to monitor dive data without losing eye contact with your surroundings. Dive data appears at a virtual distance of approximately 1 m in front of you.
- Full Color OLED Display (96x64p): Produces vibrant colors for maximum readability in any ambient light conditions.
- Intuitive Single-Knob User Control: Push wheel allows you to rotate to easily access and quickly find dive control functions. Navigate up and down to pick your choice of screen display configurations.
- Flip Up Hinge Mechanism: Screen conveniently tilts up and out of the way before or after a dive, or any time you don’t need quick access to your dive data.
- Selectable Dive Modes: Pick your dive mode for your diving purpose: SCUBA, Gauge, Apnea & CCR.
- 2 Dive Algorithms: Choose between Predictive Multi-Gas Bühlmann ZH-L16 ADT MB PMG or ZH-L16 GF for your dive.
- Predictive Multi-Gas Dive Algorithm: Advanced Uwatec algorithm programs up to 8 selectable gases including Nitrox and Trimix in SCUBA mode, plus 2 set points for CCR diving. Microbubble levels and Profile Dependent Intermediate Stops (PDIS) can be incorporated into the algorithm to further personalize your dive.
- Hoseless Air Integration: Monitors tank pressure plus provides true remaining bottom time (RBT) based on the workload from breathing.
- 3D Full-Tilt Digital Compass: Allows you to store 3 pre-programmed headings.
- Lightweight Design: Neutrally buoyant and easily mountable to a diving mask.
- Compatible Mask Mount Included: Several existing SCUBAPRO masks can be outfitted to hold the Galileo HUD Hands-Free Dive Computer with the included mask mount.
- Maximum Operating Depth: 394ft/120m for reliable dive computing regardless of diving situation.
- Rechargeable Battery: Provides up to 20 hours of dive time per charge in Power Save mode.
- Huge 2GB Memory: Stores 10,000 hours of dive profiles.
- USB Cable or Bluetooth: Easily download dive data wirelessly to your phone or handheld device. Compatible with Apple and Android devices using LogTRAK.
In The Box
- Mask Mount
- Zip Ties
- USB charging cable
- Quick Card
- Protection Foil